Monday, October 12, 2015

Whose I Am: the 31 Day Challenge

This idea was described by Janelle Knox at the Declare conference.



Yesterday I wrote about my identity and all the things that make me who I am.  Today I turn it around and reflect on Whose I Am.  All of these truths are found in Scripture; I have just personalized them.  This idea came from the talk Janelle Knox gave at Declare Conference.  She said she did this when she was going through a dark time in her life, and the power of the Word sustained her and carried her through.

Here is my list:

  • I am God's creation.
  • I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
  • I am a daughter of the one true King.
  • I am made in His image.
  • I am a reflection of His glory.
  • I am filled with the Holy Spirit.
  • I am a royal priesthood.
  • I am made for such a time as this.
  • I am forgiven.
  • I am the salt of the earth.
  • I am a light on a hill.
  • I am redeemed..
  • I am clothed in righteousness.
  • I am sanctified in His blood.
  • I am healed and set free.
  • I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
  • I am precious to Him.
  • I am loved.
  • I am not alone, and I do not need to be afraid.
  • I am blessed.
  • I am beauty from ashes.
  • I am part of God's perfect plan.
Do you struggle with who you are, with your identity?  Are you insecure of anxious?  If so, I encourage you to make your own list according to Scripture.  Or feel free to use the list from above.  When you find yourself struggling or despairing in everyday life, pull your list out and remember who Scripture says you are.  Tear down the lies of the enemy that surround your heart, and rebuild with the power of Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment