Friday, August 28, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Alone

Today I am linking up with Kate Motaung and Five-Minute Friday.  The goal is to write for five minutes on a given topic wIthout stopping, editing, or revising.  I have only participated a few times, but I always enjoy reading how somebody else was inspired in a different way by the same word.

*******
ALONE

I am an introvert.   I think I always have been, but it seems to have gotten more intense as I get older.  Or maybe after I became a mother.  Those precious little people (who are not that little anymore) have shown me sides of myself more clearly.  Or maybe they just take so much energy that I crave it even more.

I don't mind being alone.  I never have.  As a kid, I could often be found somewhere by myself with my nose stuck in a book.  Sending me to my room was never so bad for me.  I loved it there!  I enjoy quiet and reflecting on my day and processing through different events that happened.  

I used to think that being an introvert meant you weren't a people person.  I think that is a misconception.  I enjoy being around people.  I look forward to spending time with friends and family.  In fact, I need that too.  One of my Love Languages is Quality Time.  When my husband and I don't spend enough Quality Time together, I really feel it affect our relationship and how we relate to each other.

So that's one of my quirks.  I crave quality time and I crave alone time.  My first thought when I saw the prompt "alone" is that we are never totally alone.  Our God will never leave us or forsake us.  Time and time again, He tells us through Scripture, "Don't be afraid.  I am with you."  God is always by my side.  Anytime I am alone is quality time that I can spend with the One who made me.  So maybe it is not a quirk after all.

*******

No comments:

Post a Comment