Friday, November 21, 2014

Be Still and Know That I Am God.

Be still and know that I am God.  

I have the second part of this down.  I know my God.  I know who He is.  I know His power.  I know He can and does perform miracles.  I know He is my comforter, my peace, my protection.   I don't have much trouble with this part.

Be still.  That is the part I have trouble with.  Be still.  I am never still.  From the moment I get up to the last minute before I crash back into bed, I am busy.  I am not saying I am anymore busy than anyone else.  I just know that I am busy.  

Be still.  As I am rushing from one thing to the next, I hear it.  Be still.

As I am trying to make lunches and shove a load of laundry in before I head to work, I hear it again.

I eat lunch at my desk almost every day while I try to make lesson plans, score assessments, answer emails, and whatever other sixteen things need to be done, it is there again.  Be still.

After school is a whirlwind of getting everything ready for the next day, checking homework, signing reading logs, and now walking a mile or more.

At home the pace continues...kids' activities, make dinner, more laundry, dishes, baths and bedtime routines for kids, finish a crochet project or two.  (Even my "relaxing" time is spent with my hands busily in motion.)

Be still.

Each morning I set aside each day to spend with God.  It too is filled with activity.  I read my daily passages; I journal; I blog; I work through different studies.  I tell God my prayer requests and my praises.  But seldom, if ever, do I just sit and listen to what He might want to tell me.

These are all good things that I am doing, but God keeps whispering to me, "Be still and know that I am God.  Be still and know that I am with you."  

I hear it.  I just haven't figured out how to do it yet.  So for now, I am thinking about Being Still.  

That's all I have time for.

No comments:

Post a Comment