Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fearfully and Wonderfully...a Twitchel-Taylor-Tellman

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Your works are wonderful; I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14

Over the next few days, I will be examining some different parts of my life that are "fearfully and wonderfully made."  Today is all about family.


What exactly is a Twitchel-Taylor-Tellman?  It's me.  It's family.  These are my people, and I love them.  They get me in a way that only family can.

Let's start with these people...
1977
1986
I was very blessed to grow up in a house where my parents are still married (to each other!).  It was evident from day to day how much they loved, cared, and respected each other.  They are both so generous and laid-back that it was a peaceful place to be.  I don't remember a single time EVER that they argued in front of me.  Now my brother and I...that's a whole different story.  We used to argue all the time.  But good times and bad, I would do anything for these people, and they would for me too.

From 4 to 9...it hasn't been just the four of us for a while now.

Taylor Family Pictures 2012

And then there's these people... 
Twitchel Reunion 2014
Twitchel Reunion 2015



















 There aren't as many of us as there used to be, but each and everyone means the world to me.  So many good memories:  fishing with Grandpa, all piled up in the back of his old green Ford truck.  Thanksgiving dinners--house bursting at the seams and everything hand-made by my grandma.  Day after Thanksgiving fish fry, up in the attic watching thunderstorms, marathon Monopoly games, teasing from my uncles and cousins, getting stuck up in a tree and needing to be rescued, hide and seek in the laundry chute, my identical cousin...
 LOVE!

 For the last twelve years, I have been privileged to be a Tellman.  These aren't just my in-laws.  These aren't just Todd's family.  They have accepted me as one of their own.  They are my family too.  I feel this way about all the aunts, uncles, and cousins too.  There are way too many Tellmans to get all in one picture, but I have never felt like an outsider with them.  



I am so blessed to have all these Twitchels, Taylors, and Tellmans to love and who love me!

 Who am I?  I am fearfully and wonderfully a Twitchel-Taylor-Tellman.

Displaying 20150719_140154.jpg
2015



Easter 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment