Sunday, October 11, 2015

Who I Am - The 31 Day Challenge

When I read Psalm 139, it is all about identity, about becoming comfortable in your own skin.  It is about recognizing who God made you to be, how He made you, and His purpose for you.

So today--of all days--seems especially fitting for me to pay tribute to all the different areas that I claim as part of my identity.

Who am I?

  • I am a follower of my LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ.
  • I am a wife.
  • I am a mother.
  • I am a daughter.
  • I am a sister, aunt, and niece.
  • I am a godmother.
  • I am a friend.
  • I am a teacher.    There were some seasons in my life where I tried to follow a different path, and it just wasn't a good fit for me.  Teaching is where my heart is.
  • I am left-handed.  That makes me part of an elite group in my mind!
  • I am five-foot-two, eyes of blue, koochie-koochie-koochie-koo.  My grandpa used to sing that song to me all the time.  I don't mind being short because I'm exactly the height he always sang about.
  • I am a Tiger.  I bleed black and gold.  Not only did I graduate from the University of Missouri (M-I-Z!  Z-O-U!), but I also was a black-and-gold tiger through elementary school, junior high, and high school.
  • I am an alumni of the Lee's Summit Golden Tiger Marching Band.  Best in the state.  So many fond memories of the time and the people there! 
  • I am an Indian.  Blue and white are my colors now.  Such a great and caring community that I get to be part of.  It is a huge blessing to be an Indian!
  • I am a dancer at heart.  My schedule (and body) don't allow me to do all the dancing I once did, but it is very much still part of my being.
  • I am a crocheter.  (More on that in a few days...)
  • I am a church member.  My home away from home.  I worship there.  I volunteer there.  I pray there.  I laugh and cry there.  I do life there.  
  • I am West.  I am Gold.  I am a Golden Retriever. (That one is just for my colleagues--they will get it)
  • I am a blogger.  (A fairly new part of my identity)
  • I am an introvert.  I have to have some "alone" time periodically.
  • I am from the Show-Me state.
  • I am still a Kansas City girl on the inside.  I will always root for my hometown teams of the Chiefs and the Royals, winning season or not.  
  • I am a lover of chocolate, coffee, and scrapbooking.  Those things bring me joy, especially when they come all together.

This has been one of the easiest and most fun posts I have ever written.  I challenge you to take some time today to think about the parts of your identity that you love and embrace.  God put those there by His design for His purpose.  He made you that way.  Enjoy it!

So who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment