Saturday, October 31, 2015

Reflections - Day 2

I made it!  Here is my 31st post in the Day 31 Challenge.  Honestly, I didn't think I would be able to make it every day, especially with Parent-Teacher Conferences last week.  That was followed by a 3-day trip to Branson--didn't know if I could write then either.  But I did.  I have posted something every day this month.  (I sort-of feel like there should be a drum roll or herald of trumpets or something like that...)

All that aside though, I have really enjoyed it.  It has been fun to see where God wanted me to go and to share it with all of you.  God worked pretty hard on my heart through the summer and particularly at the Declare Conference.  My goal in writing about all that was to help someone else who might be struggling with anxiety, insecurity, or their own identity.

Some posts are better than others.  Not everyone is my favorite.  But some of the ones that I didn't think were as good ended up being ones that got the most attention from my audience.  Some days I was discouraged and didn't think my writing mattered.  Every single time I have thought that, someone has stopped me in the hall and said how much they have been enjoying it every day.  Or someone mentions a specific line from one of my posts and tells me how that stuck with them.  Or someone just leaves a comment on my page that says, "Thanks. I liked it."  Those bits of encouragement mean the world to me.

One of the things that is difficult is sharing all my struggles and insecurities.  It is hard to lay it all out there sometimes.  But you know what?  It is also difficult to share my successes sometimes.  I don't ever want to convey that I have all the answers, that I have got it all together, or that I make the right choice every time.  It is a balance between sharing my weaknesses and my strengths.  Some days - or moments - I am pretty in tune with God, and some days I am way off.  I hope that is the picture I have painted throughout this month and any other time that I write something.

Will I do this challenge again next year?  I don't know yet.  At this time, I don't have a strong feeling about it one way or the other.  Maybe I will just wait and see if God drops another topic in my lap.  But I know that I can do it if I feel so led--I have proven that to myself this year.

I want to thank you for reading.  Whether you read every day or whether you just read one, I appreciate it.  I really do.  It means a lot to me that my writing means something to you!  I also want to thank you for the encouragement and support.  I could not have completed this challenge without the kind words and hugs along the way.  That has kept me going.

I especially want to thank my fellow writers, Amy Tuley and Jennifer Frisbie.  These dear ladies are not just friends and amazingly faithful people, but they also have undertaken the 31-Day Challenge.  Knowing I can send them a text with a question or moment of despair or total writer's block has carried me through this month.  Couldn't have done this without the two of you!

I also owe my husband a thousand thank you's.  He has put up with my craziness while writing.  He has endured a bit of grumpiness as I have felt stressed about meeting all my deadlines this month.  He is not much of a reader, but there are two things he reads faithfully:  the Bible and my blog.  He has helped me find typos, sent me encouragement, cheered me on--all while being incredibly stressed and overworked himself.  Love you so much!

This has been a great journey.  Thank you to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment